How to publish the Windows Build Tools binaries?
The Windows Build Tools binaries are published on GitHub Releases).
Update the Change log
Scan the documentation Git log and add new entries to the Change log (
pages/windows-build-tools/change-log.md), grouped by days.
Close issues on the way. Refer to them as:
Update the CHANGES.txt file
gnuarmeclipse/info/CHANGES.txt file (copy the entries from the web change log).
Commit to the project git
In the gnuarmeclipse/windows-build-tools project, commit all changes.
Check/clone/pull build scripts
Be sure the scripts in the build-scripts.git are up to date.
$ git clone https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/build-scripts.git \ ~/Downloads/build-scripts.git
$ bash ~/Downloads/build-scripts.git/scripts/build-windows-build-tools.sh cleanall $ caffeinate bash ~/Downloads/build-scripts.git/scripts/build-windows-build-tools.sh --all
Prepare a new blog post to announce the release
- add a new file to
- name the file like
- name the post like: GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028* released.
Update the release post with the MD5 sums
Copy/paste the build report at the end of the post as
c88f834f14f20b99bda1747ab6a8857b gnuarmeclipse-build-tools-win32-2.7-201610281058-setup.exe e7a34cb1e2ee68acbb41a4e441f75aa1 gnuarmeclipse-build-tools-win64-2.7-201610281058-setup.exe
Update the web
- commit the gnuarmeclipse.github.io-source.git project; use a message like Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028* released
- commit the gnuarmeclipse.github.io.git project; use a message like Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028* released
- push the gnuarmeclipse.github.io.git project
Push the project git
With SourceTree, push to the GitHub remote, the master branche.
Create the release
- for stable releases, be sure the master branch is up to date and set as default
- go to the GitHub Releases page
- click Draft a new release
- name the tag like v2.7
- select the master branch
- name the release like GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-201610281058
- as description, copy the first paragraph from the Web release page
- add a link to the Web page [Continue reading »]()
- get URL from web and update the above link
- attach binaries and MD5 (drag and drop from the archives folder will do it)
- click the Publish Release button
Note: at this moment the system should send a notification to all clients watching this project.
Copy binaries to the local archive folder
- go to
.../GNU MCU Eclipse/archive
- move the latest binaries and MD5 to
Share on Facebook
- go to the new post and follow the Share link.
- DO NOT select On your own Timeline, but On a Page you manage
- select GNU ARM Eclipse
- posting as GNU ARM Eclipse
- click Post to Facebook
- check the post in the Facebook page