How to publish the Windows Build Tools binaries?
The Windows Build Tools binaries are published on GitHub Releases).
CHANGELOG.txt file from
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git and copy entries to the web git.
In the web git, add new entries to the Change log (
pages/windows-build-tools/change-log.md), grouped by days.
Commit the project git
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git, commit all changes.
Push the build script git
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git to GitHub.
Possibly push the helper project too.
Check/clone/pull build scripts
Be sure the scripts in
windows-build-tools.git are up to date.
$ git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git \ ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools.git
Important note: Before starting the build, double check if the repository is clean (all changes were committed), otherwise the build version will be stamped with
$ bash ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools/scripts/build.sh cleanall $ caffeinate bash ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools/scripts/build.sh --all
For more details, see the build page.
Prepare a new blog post
In the web git:
- add a new file to
- name the file like
- name the post like: GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028 released.
download_urluse the generic
https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools/releases/(will be updated later after the release is created)
- update the
date:field with the current date
Close issues on the way. Refer to them as:
Update the SHA sums
Copy/paste the build report at the end of the post as
## Checksums The SHA-256 hashes for the files are: 25b495b340d84b971736a5dfc2a639608c19b5d9d30d14e86e870c1ce461b855 ? gnu-mcu-eclipse-build-tools-2.10-20180103-1919-win32.zip da147a2cd378183af1d19ecb655637b5b1deedb691fac25657d9d0e2a102e1be ? gnu-mcu-eclipse-build-tools-2.10-20180103-1919-win64.zip
Update the web
- commit the
gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io-source.gitproject; use a message like Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028 released
- push the project
- wait for the Travis build to complete; occasionally links to not work, and might need to restart the build
- remember the post URL, since it must be updated in the release page
Note: initially the link to binaries points to the parent releases folder, otherwise Travis will complain and do not publish the site to
Create the release
- for stable releases, be sure the
masterbranch is up to date and set as default
- go to the GitHub Releases page
- click Draft a new release
- name the tag like v2.7-20161028
- select the
- name the release like GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028
- as description
- add a downloads badge like
[![Github Releases (by Release)](https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools/v2.10-20180103/total.svg)](); use empty URL for now
- copy the first paragraph from the Web release page
- add a downloads badge like
- add a link to the Web page
[Continue reading »](); use an empty URL for now
- get URL from web and update the above links
- attach binaries and SHA (drag and drop from the archives folder will do it)
- click the Publish Release button
Note: at this moment the system should send a notification to all clients watching this project.
Update the web link
Copy binaries to the archive
- go to
.../GNU MCU Eclipse/archive
- move the latest binaries and SHA to
Update the xPack
See the Maintainer info in the separate project.
Share on Facebook
- go to the new post and follow the Share link.
- DO NOT select On your own Timeline, but On a Page you manage
- select GNU MCU Eclipse
- posting as GNU MCU Eclipse
- click Post to Facebook
- check the post in the Facebook page