How to publish the Windows Build Tools binaries?
The Windows Build Tools binaries are published on GitHub Releases.
The procedure used to publish those binaries is documented on the PUBLISH page in the same project.
The Windows Build Tools binaries are published on GitHub Releases).
CHANGELOG.txt file from
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git and copy entries to the web git.
In the web git, add new entries to the Change log (
pages/windows-build-tools/change-log.md), grouped by days.
Commit the project git
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git, commit all changes.
Push the build script git
gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git to GitHub.
Possibly push the helper project too.
Check/clone/pull build scripts
Be sure the scripts in
windows-build-tools.git are up to date.
$ git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools.git \ ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools.git
Important note: Before starting the build, double check if the repository is clean (all changes were committed), otherwise the build version will be stamped with
$ bash ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools/scripts/build.sh cleanall $ caffeinate bash ~/Downloads/windows-build-tools/scripts/build.sh --all
For more details, see the build page.
Prepare a new blog post
In the web git:
- add a new file to
- name the file like
- name the post like: GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028 released.
download_urluse the generic
https://github.com/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools/releases/(will be updated later after the release is created)
- update the
date:field with the current date
Close issues on the way. Refer to them as:
Update the SHA sums
Copy/paste the build report at the end of the post as
## Checksums The SHA-256 hashes for the files are: 25b495b340d84b971736a5dfc2a639608c19b5d9d30d14e86e870c1ce461b855 ? gnu-mcu-eclipse-build-tools-2.10-20180103-1919-win32.zip da147a2cd378183af1d19ecb655637b5b1deedb691fac25657d9d0e2a102e1be ? gnu-mcu-eclipse-build-tools-2.10-20180103-1919-win64.zip
Update the web
- commit the
gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io-source.gitproject; use a message like Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028 released
- push the project
- wait for the Travis build to complete; occasionally links to not work, and might need to restart the build
- remember the post URL, since it must be updated in the release page
Note: initially the link to binaries points to the parent releases folder, otherwise Travis will complain and do not publish the site to
Create the release
- for stable releases, be sure the
masterbranch is up to date and set as default
- go to the GitHub Releases page
- click Draft a new release
- name the tag like v2.7-20161028
- select the
- name the release like GNU MCU Eclipse Windows Build Tools v2.7-20161028
- as description
- add a downloads badge like
[![Github Releases (by Release)](https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/gnu-mcu-eclipse/windows-build-tools/v2.10-20180103/total.svg)](); use empty URL for now
- copy the first paragraph from the Web release page
- add a downloads badge like
- add a link to the Web page
[Continue reading »](); use an empty URL for now
- get URL from web and update the above links
- attach binaries and SHA (drag and drop from the archives folder will do it)
- click the Publish Release button
Note: at this moment the system should send a notification to all clients watching this project.
Update the web link
Copy binaries to the archive
- go to
.../GNU MCU Eclipse/archive
- move the latest binaries and SHA to
Update the xPack
See the Maintainer info in the separate project.
Share on Facebook
- go to the new post and follow the Share link.
- DO NOT select On your own Timeline, but On a Page you manage
- select GNU MCU Eclipse
- posting as GNU MCU Eclipse
- click Post to Facebook
- check the post in the Facebook page